Internet Law comprises all legal problems linked to using the Internet. There is no own field of law for this sphere, but the general statutory provisions apply under consideration of the special features of the Internet. In the field of the Internet, when choosing a domain name, the trademark and firm-name rights of third parties have to be observed. Contents of websites may not infringe the provisions of Criminal, Competition, Advertising, Copyright and Trademark Law. The legal notice requirement provided for in the Telemedia Act (TMG) has to be fulfilled and the provisions of the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) have to be observed. With respect to an online trade, the reporting requirements and cancellation terms laid down in the Civil Code have to be complied with.
In the field of Internet Law our offer to you includes the following services:
- Search for “free” domain names, assistance in choosing a domain name, domain monitoring;
- Verification of your Internet appearance with respect to compliance with statutory requirements and legal advice when developing your Internet appearance;
- Extrajudicial and judicial enforcement of claims (discontinuance, indemnification, information) in case of a violation of statutory requirements on the part of your competitors on the Internet;
- Warning notices, filing of writs of injunction, legal actions;
- Defence against claims under Internet Law, including verification of warning notices and preventive filing of protective letters.