Words, pictures, labels, logos, packaging, three-dimensional forms, colours and colour combinations as well as signature tunes may be protected as a trademark. The right to a trademark is acquired by way of application and registration with national, European or international trademark offices. Registered trademarks may be assigned, licensed or exploited.
Rights to a firm-name arise from using a term as the name of a company in the course of business. When choosing a firm name it has to be minded that the firm-name cannot be confused with the already existing firm-name of another company. Otherwise, there occurs the risk of claims for discontinuance or indemnification.
In the field of Trademark and Company Name Law our offer to you includes the following services:
- Search for „free“ trademarks and firm-names;
- Assistance in choosing a protectable name and joint development of a trademark strategy:
- Application of trademarks for registration in the trademark register of the German, European or international trademark office;
- Surveillance of your already registered trademarks and your firm-name with respect to conflicting names;
- Filing oppositions against names of third parties and representation in opposition proceedings;
- Extrajudicial and judicial enforcement of claims under Trademark Law (discontinuance, indemnification, information on suppliers, confiscation);
- Prosecution of trademark piracy;
- Warning notices, filing of writs of injunction, legal actions;
- Defence against claims under Trademark Law, including verification of warning notices and preventive filing of protective letters;
- Draft and verification of license agreements.